Contact Centre Team Manager
Location – HMP Berwyn
What We Do
Census Life is a not-for-profit social enterprise, part of Queen’s Award winner Census Group.
Census Life creates and operates contact centres in 13 prisons across England and Wales. We provide opportunities designed to deliver sustainable, social and economic integration. Through the effective delivery of our in-custody work programme, our colleagues develop relevant skills and experience that will be highly valued by any employer.
Census Life Core Values
Our unique set of core values are ingrained principles at the very heart of our organisational culture. These values are specific and meaningful, they guide the way all our staff operate in the prisons and the community.
1. Ethical – Do everything you do because it’s the right thing to do
2. Reflective – Hear, listen and learn from those with experience
3. Bold – Being courageous, to always challenge the norm
4. Practical – Be a doer, not a sayer
5. Understanding – Refuse to attribute labels to any individual
6. Determined – Strive for greatness for yourself and others
The Team Manager is responsible for the recruitment, training and supervision of all contact centre operatives, to ensure they can work effectively as a team to deliver the required outputs for our clients.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Embrace Census Life Core Values in your everyday role.
- Ensure a smooth running, effective and efficient team through support, supervision and leadership.
- Motivate a team, creating a working environment which promotes ownership and accountability, embraces continuous learning and engages and enables the team to thrive.
- Build effective relationships with key prison staff to ensure the Contact Centre is full to capacity and an area they see as a priority.
- Manage sickness and absence levels to minimise impact at operational levels.
- Maintain good relationships with the Census Life operational management team for forecasting and planning workloads.
- Manage systems, processes and address any issues that arise in line with Census Life and Prison Service policies and guidelines.
- Take an active role in the Contact Centre to contribute to the effectiveness and wellbeing of all team members.
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 performance/quality reviews all with team members.
- Recognise and develop talent by completing and implementing a personal development plan for each team member.
- Build strong relationships between the contact centre management team and operational team through effective and honest feedback and discussions.
- Continually monitor call quality and improve service, minimise errors and track operational performance.
- Drive performance throughout the team ensuring recognition of high performance and offering support for under performance.
- Identify team training needs and agree appropriate next steps.
How to Apply
To find out more detail about the role, please contact Robin Mildon, Operations Director:
Let’s start the conversation!
More to explore
Census Life – Breaking the mould in customer service
Podcast with Engage Customer
Sir Richard Branson
How business can offer ex-offenders a better chance
Breaking the mould
It is widely reported that staff turnover in the call centre industry is around 26% annually, considerably above the national average of 15%.